Well ladies and gents – say hello to my coloured friends!
Thank you to my follower who has gifted me these as a little thank you. I know most of you have seen these as I have been doing custom sets for a few clients, and I thought I need to actually do a review for you all.
I have to say I was so nervous doing these tights – I haven’t done such a vibrant colour like these before and it kinda made me keep pushing it back and back. But I built up the courage last night to get these babies out and about and I am glad I did. I have to admit I did get a bit of help from the sister and Google images (for inspiration!)
My Outfit Today
I cannot tell you how hard it was for me to get my head around what to wear with these. First I was going to do a white dress with red boots, then all black, then navy and polka dots until I finally decided to mix it up a bit.
I ended up doing my off the shoulder top with a black bodycon skirt and nude shoes. I was going to do a white shirt but then my sister was like ‘that’s pornstar-ish!’ so that’s a no lol! I think this outfit just worked in my head – I would have done black shoes but then it would look too formal and I wanted it to be playful so mixing up colours worked for me.
Anyways, let me crack on:
- Packaging: they came packed well – with the design on the front with limited information about the tights on the back. When I got inside, I found them wrapped around the cardboard which seemed like oil or something had spilt and soaked in which made me think about what the hell was on the tights?! Although, they seemed ok when I checked them in the light.
- You can see that they do have sandal toes on them which works well if you fancy wearing these with peep toe toes.
- They have a lovely design at the back and front of the tights at the top – so it kinda covers your underwear (if you wear any that is) – I didn’t take a picture but it does show this on the packaging.
- I do like that they cling on to your legs too and feel really soft. You can tell that the material is decent but not the top quality I have to say, but it works for me.
- I do find it weird how light they are considering they are red. I expected them to be more of an opaque look but it still works being a light sheer.
I do have a few bad points to mention:
- They snag so easily, and I mean super easily. They aren’t as bad as Fiore are been at the moment, but this is something to watch out for.
- I have to say I think they make my legs look chubbier than what they are. I’m usually quite confident in tights but I have to say with these, I look in the mirror and think ‘God my legs look big!’. I suppose that might be down to the fact I haven’t done coloured as much before and it’s new to me.
So would I recommend? Well I think I would. I mean they’re not expensive and they are such a funky pair of tights which can work with formal/smart casual outfits. I’m sure they can also work with day dresses and even shorts if you’re braver than I am!
Skirt: New Look
Tights: via Amazon
Shoes: Lasula Online