What a gorgeous day we are having this Monday! .. Out comes the good old red dress (well not that old!)
So let me give you a little summary as to why I bought these when I went to France – I was just mooching around seeing if there were any patterned ones that I could go for as Calzedonia do such amazing designs. But I couldn’t find any. So there a woman came, asking me if I wanted help with anything using very little English. (She did good though!)
Anyways, there I am just browsing through the plain sheer range instead and she got out these plain 30 denier sheers. I asked her what was so special about them that you’re promoting these?
All she did was run her long pointed acrylic nails inside of them and smiled…. I WAS SOLD!
They were completely resistant! And on top, they have many other benefits:
- Push Up on the bum
- Control top from the top of the thigh to waist
- And full leg support
I have never ever been won over like that before and in that time, I said to her I need a small and let me pay for them right here right now!
And here I am wearing them for the first time now since I have got them trialling them out!
So let me give you my lowdown:
- I always love the calzedonia packaging – they always seem to make their plain sheers look so exotic at the front with this semi-nude woman fading into the black background. I have to say their patterned don’t come like this at all – they are open with cardboard inside so you can see.
- Taking them out, you can see that they are ¾ of your normal leg length – which means they are going to be snug!!! They are also shaped to your leg so you know which way you need to get them on. I suppose you can easily get these on backwards.
- Getting them on was a right mission I have to say – I had to scrunch and roll and pinch god knows how many times because they are so tight due to the leg control. And trying to get up the thigh was a nightmare – I had to lie on the bed and wiggle myself in. At least you know they are doing their job well!
- They have a lovely soft satin feel to them – my dress just glides against it. I definitely know they will work well with bodycons that rub against the legs.
- I cannot believe how resistant they are – there have been a few times that I thought it would have snagged with my ring, but they haven’t at all. Still going strong as we speak! I’m so impressed.
- I do have to say it does feel like my legs don’t jiggle as much in these like they normally do. I’m loving this leg control – perfect when you want a bit of shaping to your legs knowing that they aren’t jiggling as you walk!
The only bad point I can say if that they don’t have reinforced toes, however they do have a sandal toe!
You may need to watch what shoes you wear with these too – I had my nude shoes (shown in the pics below) and I had to change out of them because my tights were so slippy under my feet. I love the fact that they’re like that (thinking foot massage through tights here) but I definitely cannot last a day constantly worrying if my foot is going to slip out!!!
I won’t go into detail about teaming up as these will work with anything and everything.
So would I recommend? Do I even have to say anything here?
My deets for today:
Dress – Mango
Tights – Calzedonia in France
Lace-Up Shoes – Lasula